On March 15th, Cyclone Idai made landfall in Central Mozambique causing widespread destruction. More calamity was, however, to follow after very heavy rains caused floods up to 6 meters high over an area of 3,000 square km. The flooding has caused at least 1,000 fatalities, outbreaks of disease and the destruction of the April harvest – this in a country where already 40% of children are malnourished.
World Outreach missionaries based locally and through their network of local church pastors have identified urgent and immediate needs for food, clothes, medicines and roofing materials for families who are completely exposed to the elements.
They appeal for funds to help these families.
As the floodwaters recede, our missionaries would also like to help stricken families with seeds and livestock for the new planting season and to rebuild homes destroyed by the cyclone and flooding.
We have identified an urgent need for food, clothes, medicine, building materials, seeds & livestock for the new growing season.
Most of these supplies will be purchased locally to minimise cost.
With your help, we are hoping to raise USD30,000 to provide much-needed assistance to communities in Central Mozambique.
Your generosity can make a difference!
- USD20 will help provide food for a family for a week.
- USD80 will buy roofing materials & provide an immediate home and shelter for a family of 6 people.
- USD400 will provide medical supplies for cholera and malaria treatment for a community of 100 people.
- USD600 will help 50 farmers with sufficient seeds to plant for the next harvest.
- USD2000 will help rebuild 8-10 homes.
The rebuilding & rehabilitation efforts will take much time and your support will help us assist these families in need.
Thank you very much for your generosity!
May the Lord bless you.
Donate through your nearest country office or online below:DONATE TODAY