Prayer That Changes The World
Prayer in mission is indispensable. World Outreach International is committed to mobilising people to pray and providing them with up-to-date prayer requests. We’re currently seeking to find at least 300 people, who will commit themselves to unified, specific and focused prayer for global mission and the WOI mission workers.
If you’d like to become involved in this new initiative and change the world through prayer, please sign up below. We’ll then send you regular prayer updates and focuses. Something powerful happens when people pray as one (2 Chronicles 7:14; Acts 1:14, 12:5).
Here are some things to pray for:
– Pray for more workers in ministry, especially cross-cultural mission work. Looking at lost and hurting people around him, Jesus urged His followers to pray for labourers (Matthew 9:37-38).
– Pray for the missionaries you know of and support. Paul, a missionary himself, eagerly sought prayer (Ephesians 6:19). Pray for: boldness in their lives and ministries; strength and grace to endure in difficulty; provision for all their needs; sustaining strength and health; divine protection from spiritual attack and for their families back home.
– Pray for the least-reached people groups by adopting one you may know of or have heard about.
– Pray for the political scene in the nations that are on your heart and especially where the missionaries are. Pray for: governments to allow freedom of the Gospel (1 Timothy 2:1-2); peace, justice and integrity; and the persecuted believers who live in difficult places.
– Pray for a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Ask the Lord: for a heaven-sent awakening; for signs, wonders and miracles to authenticate the Gospel as it is preached in frontier territories; and for churches throughout the world to be revived, re-envisioned and filled with the fire of God to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
English Methodist preacher Samuel Chadwick (1860-1932) wrote, ‘There is no power like that of prevailing prayer – of Abraham pleading for Sodom, Jacob wrestling in the stillness of the night, Moses standing in the breach, Hannah intoxicated with sorrow, David heartbroken with remorse and grief, Jesus in sweat of blood … Such prayer prevails. It turns ordinary mortals into men [and women] of prayer. It brings power. It brings fire. It brings rain. It brings life. It brings God.’
Will you join the challenge and change the world through prayer?
If you would like to pray for our missionaries you can also subscribe to receive daily updates through the PrayerMate app available for apple, android and amazon devices.Subscribe with PrayerMate